EN420:2003 - General Requirements for Protective Gloves
This standard defines the general requirements for glove design and construction, innocuousness, cleaning instruction, electrostatic properties, sizing, dexterity, water vapour transmission and absorption along marking and information.
EN388:2003 - Protective Gloves Against Mechanical Risks
This standard applies to all kinds of protective gloves in espect of physical and mechanical aggressions caused by abrasion, blade cut, tearing and puncture. This standard is only applicable in conjunction with EN420 (1 being the minimum performance rating).
- Abrasion-Performance Index 1-4
- Blade Cut Resistance-Performance Index 1-5
- Tear Resistance-Performance Index 1-4
- Puncture Performance Index 1-4
EN407:2004 - Protective Gloves Against Thermal Risks
This standard specifies thermal performance for protective gloves against heat and/or fire. The heat and flame pictogram is accompanied by a 6 digit number:
- Resistance to Flammability (Performance Level 0-4)
- Contact Heat Resistance (Performance Level 0-4)
- Convective Heat Resistance (Performance Level 0-4)
- Radiant Heat Resistance (Performance Level 0-4)
- Resistance to Small Splashes of Molten Metal (Performance Level 0-4)
- Resistance to Large Splashes of Molten Metal (Performance Level 0-4)
The European Standard specifies the requirements and test methods for gloves which protect against conductive cold down to -50oC. This cold can be linked to the climatic conditions or an industrial activity. The specific valuesof the different performance levels are decided by the special requirements for each class of risk or the special areas of application. Product tests may only give performance levels and not levels of protection.
EN ISO 10819:2006
The European Standard specifies a method for the laboratory measurement, the data analysis and reporting of the vibration transmissibility of gloves in terms of vibration transmission from a handle to the palm of the hand in the frequency range from 31.5 Hz to 1250 Hz. The standard is intended to define a screening test for the vibration transmission through gloves.